It had been six months since Hurricane Irma hit the coast of Florida last year. Saint Maarten / Saint-Martin have seen 12 hotels and inns reopen on the Dutch side and 10 hotels and inns reopen on the French side.
The streets are now completely free of debris and the reopening of most diners, hotels, and inns is imminent.
WIMCO Villas has put together a list of restaurants, hotels, and casinos that opened doors on March after Hurricane Irma.
- Simpson Bay. Atrium Beach Resort, Commodore Suites, Baker’s Suites, Travel Inn Hotel, Simpson Bay Suites, El Zafiro Boutique Hotel, Mary’s Boon Beach Plantation Resort
- Philipsburg: Alicia’s Inn, Holland House Beach Hotel, Horizon View Beach Hotel
- Dawn Beach: Princess Heights Luxury Condo Hotel
- End of March 2018. Belair Beach Hotel
- End of April 2018. Columbus Hotel
- May 1, 2018. Divi Little Bay Beach Resort
- Aug. 31, 2018 is the projected date for the re-opening of Sonesta Ocean Point Resort
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa is currently undergoing repairs and will be open to the public in 2019.
- Grand Case: Bleu Emeraude Residence and Hever Hotel
- Sandy Ground: Mercure Saint Martin Marina and Spa Hotel
- Other openings: Le Beach, Les Balcons, Golfe Hotel, Shamrock residences, Adam & Eve residences, Mon Reve guesthouse
- April 16, 2018. Hotel La Plantation (soft opening)
- April 2018. Oyster Bay Beach Resort (with limited rooms)
- June 1, 2018. Le Petit Hotel
- June 2018. Marquis Boutique Hotel
- Oct. 1, 2018. Grand Case Beach Club
- Nov. 1, 2018. Hotel L’Esplanade
- November 2018. Le Shambala Hotel and Alamanda Resort
- Late 2018. Belmond La Samanna Hotel